Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Prayer for Peter


(Peter and I on our way home from our last M&E field visit together)
I learned yesterday that my close Liberian friend, Peter, lost his younger sister while she was giving birth to twins ... he wrote me this note:

"Things were really moving fine until on November 11, 2008 when I lost my younger sister in child birth at the JFK Memorial Hospital in Sinkor. The news came as a complete surprise to us the family members as she was not sick at all.

But we can't ask God why cause He giveth and He taketh. We ask Him for strength and courage to carry through. The Burial is scheduled for saturady, November 22 , 2008."

My heart breaks for Peter. I agree with my friend Marcel, it's all so confusing sometimes. Please feel free to join me in praying for Peter and his family...to cry out to God with Peter today...our Lord promises us that He hears our cries.

"Lord, do not hold back your tender mercies from Peter and his family today. Our hope is in your unfailing love and faithfulness." Psalm 40:11

1 comment:

John Q said...

Mel, I will be praying for strength for Peter and his family. John Q