Friday, February 27, 2009

Home to be: UGANDA!


"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7

Praise God, He heard my cries and after 4 months of waiting He faithfully responded with an open door and a push through it. I love Him! I will be serving with a wonderful team in Uganda for the next year, managing a household water program. I leave on the 5th of March.

I am excited to meet Uganda! The people. The smell. The taste. The moutains. All the beauty. And all the rest. I'll do my best to bring a little piece of Uganda to you as well through this blog.

I am also excited to serve Uganda! To help bring clean and living water to the sick, hurt and lost. Bringing physical and spiritual hope. Bringing the love of Christ.

Know that I will be thinking of you. Missing you. And praying for you while I'm gone. Please keep in touch. Leave a comment! Shoot an email. Come visit! Trust me - you'll be a blessing!

May the love of Christ be the fingerprints of our lives - wherever we are or wherever we go, may Christ be touching lives through us - with love.

4 comments:

Mrs. Bob said...

So excited for you! March 5th is soon! Hope to see you again before you leave.a

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Yay Mel! Even though this means you'll be leaving us again, I can't be sad. I'm excited to see what God will be doing through you!

Aly sun said...

I am so glad you found your direction for the next year. Oh, how I would love to visit. But I think blog updates will have to suffice for now.

Anonymous said...

Mel, It is so exciting to see God's work in and through you. I can wait to hear of your Uganda adventures. Prayers & blessings!!!
Janette