Sunday, April 27, 2008

Persistence is Power

One step closer ...

So I graduated from PITT on Saturday with a Master's of International Development. Praise the Lord!! It will be forever remembered by the African drummers that danced us to and from our seats. Our families were all hooting and hollering. The speaker was this humorous columnist from the NY Times. By far the most energetic graduation ceremony I've ever attended. I can't believe it was mine! Here are a few pictures of enjoying the day with my family.






A memorable Japanese proverb from my classmate Aya:
Persistence is Power

3 comments:

Oh, Cripe! said...

Hugs congrats with a big hug from me, Mel. So happy for you. I feel blessed to have caught up with you recently and look forward to reading more about your adventures in Liberia. Blessings, my friend!

julie said...

Hi mel

Josie said hi you can send her e-mail. to say hi

julie said...

HI mel
We talk to your mom &dad it was good to you are doing well .We will keep you in our prayers so keep haveing a good time. God bless. The McCausland Family
Don,Eleen,Julie,Josie