Saturday, June 7, 2008

An attempt at details...

God has been incredibly gracious to us all. By this point, I have said goodbye to most of you. Our goodbyes have been full of joy with anticipation for what's to come. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm, prayers, and support.

I have been asked many times for more details as to what I will be doing in Liberia. I'm not sure that I ever answer this question well, but here goes my best effort. I will be serving SP for 5 months, primarily based in Monrovia.



I am an intern and I will be trained by program managers in 4 areas of development:

  1. HIV/AIDS
  2. Water and sanitation
  3. Children in crisis
  4. Church reconstruction

What makes this program special to me is that these programs have been designed with the intention to share Christ when and where possible. I don't have many more details yet. I haven't asked many questions. I simply feel priviledged to work for SP. To be active in sharing the love of Christ along side them in Liberia.


So I leave for Boone, NC on Monday 9 June. I will have orientation until Friday and then officially leave the country en route to Monrovia on Saturday, 14 June. Your prayers for this time of travel and transition would be greatly appreciated. Specifically,

  • Ongoing good health
  • Relationships with fellow staff members
  • Meaningful quiet times with our Lord
  • Laying down expectations
  • A genuine, Christ-like servant's heart

I really cannot thank you enough for your love and care for me. God has been so good to give me all of you during this season of my life.

May you experience our Lord's love for you this day!


A la prochaine...

No comments: