Friday, July 10, 2009

the ideal home

Posted by Picasa

Today I went on a two hour long motorbike ride deep within the countryside to visit one of our Village Health Teams. Gadson is training them about good health and hygiene practices so that they can go and train their respective villages. Today, we talked about their "ideal home". It consisted of a water source, latrine, garden, main home and animal home, dish rack, rubbish pit, and lots of people. It's interesting to compare that to what our response would be, eh.

During our ride back to Buremba, Gad stopped at his home to treat me to some pineapple. It truly is the best in the world! Wow - so sweet. He also shared his uncle's poetry with me. It was a nice break.

Now I'm back to my village home in Buremba. We're preparing for another shoebox distribution that will be held tomorrow. We're praying that it'll be a blessing to our community. That they will understand that it's an expression of God's love to them.

We have the opportunity to bring the Jesus film to our community as well - if we want. I'm praying about this opportunity. Will you please join me? I'm really seeking wisdom as to if and when and for whom...all that jazz.

By the way, the banana bread turned out pretty good yesterday...you should all come over for a little visit and I'll serve you some with tea. :)

And the picture above is one that I took on a journey back to Kampala. If you look closely, you can see the Rwenzori mountains in the background. This countryside truly is beautiful!

God is amazing to have created all of this, right. But as Keith would say, it's a garbage can compared to what God has waiting for us up in Heaven. I mean it only took six days to create all this and He's been working on heaven for over 2000 years. I'm looking forward to Heaven, I tell you!

Please pray for His presence to be with us tomorrow. We don't want to do any of this without Him.

Thank you so much. Know that I care about you and I'm missing you guys.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Heaven will be wonderful... I'll be joining you in your travels afar when we're in Heaven, Mel!

Love, Lisa

Patty said...

all i can ask is did you ride the motorbike in? hopefully you've had practice since we last rode them together :)