Monday, July 6, 2009

A little update


The past two weeks have been packed full of great experiences and challenging ones. Here's a few my praises and a couple prayer requests.


Praise God, our team and community members are working hard constructing filters and installing filters. Together, we have provided clean water for more than 1600 people in Buremba in just a few short months!

God has also been good to give me an intern for the next three months! Cory is back on the HWP team. Everyone enjoys his company and he is doing some really great work for us - helping the team to write good impact stories and helping me to improve our Public Health Education curriculum. He's doing awesome in the field - everyone loves him. He brings a lot of joy to the team!

One of my challenges has been dealing with a very serious moral issue with one of my most valuable staff members. I had to issue a warning letter to him, and we are trying hard to re-build trust. I am concerned about his relationship with Christ. And his influence on our team and within our community. Please pray for him.

Finally a HUGE blessing I have here in Buremba is Moses aka Arsenal. His picture is above. :) I will write you Moses' story in post specifically dedicated to him. However, in the meantime know that he is an orphan-child that I love very much. Moses is often sick - we are concerned about his HIV status. We are getting him tested today. PLEASE pray that he is negative. Please join me in placing his life in our Father's hands today. Our loving, caring, healing Father.

Know that I love you all very much. And I miss you.

May we all be praising God today! And giving our lives to Him.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Sounds like you are dealing with some heart wrenching issues. You are in my prayers.

Lisa said...

Mel,

Wow... sounds like you are having some challenging experiences. Remember that God will force those things to do good in your life as you place your trust in Him and grow in dependence. He loves you!

Love, Lisa