Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A couple great buys


Today we had lots of fun shopping at the outdoor market in Buremba. It has been getting cold here in the evenings (~ 60 degrees) and all Moses ever wears is a t-shirt. So, we went to get him some pants (or "trousers".) I was able to buy these fun cargos and his new sandals for a total of 4,000 UGS ~ $2.00. He looks like such a little man now!! And he was so pleased with himself. Isn't he seriously the cutest guy? Sure, we have to work on the runny nose, but baby steps ... we are in Africa you know. :)

So after shopping we came back to the office and I had to work. Moses wanted to work too, so he asks for a pen. (He has a piece of paper in his hand.) "What do you want the pen for, Moses?" ... "I want to write" ... "What are you going to write?" ... "I want to write to God." Pretty good response, I thought. So I gave him the pen and let him scribble like crazy for a little while. Fun times in the village...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Too cute, Mel! Good choice.

Anonymous said...

God has provided for Moses through you. He has also provided for you through Moses. OH!!! THE BLESSINGS OF THE LORD.