Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

We celebrated Independence Day with some good ole, American picnic fun tonight. Cleaned up the grill...scrounged up some hot dogs...and got out the USA gear - thanks Bev! There was arm wrestling, Hauwa laughing, and brownie eating extravaganzas.

Below are a few pictures to enjoy!


( Bev - my Canadian supervisor/friend - is lovin the USA today!)

( My beloved Pittsburgh Steelers fan, Felix, with Auntie Patty!! )

(Liberian ladies hard at work: Taya, me, Patty, & Joni - holding up Bev)

Hope you're enjoying some great fireworks right now!!! I was reminded that the sparks and bangs of fireworks probably aren't a good idea in a post-war country. So, I'm thinking I'll light a bunch of candles tonight and have Patty blow them out in a creative, synchronized fashion for me before bed.

Happy 4th of July!!

5 comments:

John Q said...

Happy Independence Day, Mel.

Beth "Pilar" Christy said...

That's ok...I set off some fireworks for ya Mel!

Patty said...

You totally left out the fact that Adonesh and I created FIRE. from scratch. Just like the cavemen did. That's pretty important.

Patty said...

oh yes. and i'm still waiting for my fireworks show.

Domenica said...

Happy Independence Day Miss Mel! It was a great weekend, but you were definitely missed. How are you doing these days? let me know how to be praying. Love ya lots.
Domen