Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Precious JJ



One night in Bopolu, we met JJ. His sister braided my hair. His mother taught us how to make doughnuts over a charcoal fire. And his brother Saki emphatically called me "whitewoman!" as I walked passed their home on my way to and from VBS each day. I think JJ is absolutely precious - so I'm sharing him with you.

Could you please pray for his health? He may be suffering from worms as his stomach is swollen outwards and his belly button is protruding quite far from his body. Praise God, there are programs in his village that will soon provide treatment and on-going care for his condition. In the meantime, please pray for his complete healing.

Thank you so much for your love for children like JJ! It is a privilege to pray with you to our good and gracious God.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a BEAUTIFUL picture! I agree... he IS precious!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Mel! And praying for JJ. :) Great picture. (Destiny)

Domenica said...

Mel, what a blessing it is to read about your adventures in Liberia. What a gift for you! You must be having the time of your life and the most challenging growing experience yet. Thank youfor sharing and for allowing God to use your posts to stretch us.
I love you, Mel.
JJ is beautiful and he is is my prayers tonight as are you!