Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Volleyball!!!



And even better than the motorbiking, is the volleyball here in the jungle of Bopolu!! They have a serious team out here. It's competitive and let me tell you - it's a blast! These guys are nuts. They play with their feet and their heads and they hustle like crazy -- I love it!!! We won our match against the neighboring village on Saturday - score!!!



They were pretty surprised that the short whitewoman knew how to play. But they've been awesome and even let me on their starting 6 on Saturday! I think they like having me on the team for a few good laughs. :)


One of my favorite parts about playing here are our awesome fans. These boys are characters -- they crack me up! And they are so cute!!





So the purpose of the volleyball matches in Bopolu is to bring the communities together and to build relationships with one another. I must say - since playing on Saturday, I've seen a lot of the boys around town and it's great to have something to talk to them about. It's a wonderful building block for sharing Christ. My hope is to get the young girls out on the court someday -- teach them a few skills -- and build them up -- in Christ! We'll see....you could pray for that. ;)

2 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Sweeeet! Sounds like evidence of grace!

Chris and Cassie said...

Mel,

See I told you those baseline to baseline drills would pay off.

How Fun!!!