Saturday, March 7, 2009

Enjoying Nairobi

Thank you all so much for your many prayers. I arrived in Nairobi yesterday safely - no problems at all. Praise God! And I met a lot of great people along the way. It was a really nice trip.

So now I'm enjoying my time in Nairobi with Phil. :) We took a couple of walks today, had some great coffee at the Java house, and ate lunch at Amani Ya Juu. For us, it was a little slice of heaven. God is good.

I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures yet, but regardless I wanted to let everyone know that I made it in just fine. I'll be leaving Nairobi for Uganda next Sunday. Until then, I'll be busy enjoying Nairobi...

Thankful for you!

9 comments:

John Q said...

Glad to hear that yo arrived safely, Mel. God bless. John Q

Author at 661 said...

Thanks for posting, pictures or no pictures =]

The Java house... how does having a cup of coffee in Africa compare to here in the States?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new adventure! I loved the "moving" post! I'm so excited for what God is doing in your life, and I enjoy checking in on you here!!!!

Lisa said...

Mel Mel -

My brave little friend... God is with you, my dear! He is going to just take care of you and move you where He wants you to go! I am praying for you!

Don't forget to post your mailing address so I can send some snail mail!

I enjoy your blogging so much!!!
:-)

Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,
This is your other friend, Lisa - the Redhead...Glad you made it safely. You'll be in my prayers, friend. "I can do all things through him who gives me strength."
Take care and Love ya!! :)

Lisa said...

What's up with no posts since this one yet? I am eagerly anticipating your newest blog entries! C'mon... it's like you're busy or something!

:-P
Lisa

Chris and Cassie said...

I've been to the Java house and can't wait to go when we visit Phil! How long will you be in Nairobi then? Excited for you and this next adventure!

Patty said...

we totally need a reunion in nairobi. love you oh!

Michael and Dionna Hatch said...

You have got one nice blog, D & I are going to have to step it up! Good luck in Uganda ~Michael H