Saturday, May 2, 2009

Prayer request: Shoe box distribution

Tomorrow is a very exciting day! We are distributing 300 shoe boxes to children here in Kamwenge. I know that many of you have been involved with Samaritan's Purse's Operation Christmas Child program - some, for a very long time. I can't wait to show you pictures and tell you about the wonderful impact you're having!

I also wanted to ask for your prayers for this event tomorrow. Will you please pray for the logistics, for the Netherlands Team (donors) who will be attending, for unity between the seven churches involved, and for the children who will receive their gifts tomorrow. Pray for all of our hearts. Pray that God's presence would be palpable in St. Stephen's Church tomorrow. Pray that our Lord will receive all the praise and glory!

God loves your prayers and I appreciate them so much.

A Dieu soit la Gloire!

6 comments:

John Q said...

Mel,

I'll be praying for the shoe box event. Somehow I get the felling that the boxes will not contain shoes.

John Q

Andee said...

Oh I'd love to see pictures of that! My little guy had so much fun shopping for "the little boy that lives far away." He would love to see the outcome, and so would I, to be honest :)

Lisa said...

Mel,

I am so jealous that you get to pass them out! I want to hear all the details!!!

Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

God's hands have been all over this event from the time we purchased the items to the time you get to deliver the boxes. It is such a wonderful honor to know someone who is delivering them and to see the pictures of the childern recieving them. our prayers are with you and all involved.

BIG HUGS

willemien said...

Hey Melanie, I am back home in the Netherlands and look with great interest to your site, wow it looks good.
Unbelievevable, I was there by the distribution, it was very special and a good memorie to be in Kamwenge that time. God bless you and I pray for you, you know. with love Willemien, the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel - I've been thinking of you...thought I'd check your blog and see what's up :) I am well - still at WV - we miss you!

Kim M