Sunday, May 31, 2009

How far would you go?

I drove 5 hours round trip with my Buremba teamhouse mates for a toasted ham and cheese sandwich today. And it was worth it! Expensive. Wouldn't even put it on my top 5 favorite foods list. Only been in Buremba for one week. But still worth it.

Why?

Because we drove into the Kibale Forest, past the Rwenzori mountains, and through bright green tea fields. We stopped along the road to buy jack fruit, watermelon, some red pepper-looking fruit, and the best pineapple in the world - all for under $3. We looked through my latest Life magazine with the World's Wonders in it and each decided where we most wanted to go. And I flipped through the pages of our Vietnam Lonely Planet to dream about the next big trip.

It was a nice deep breath - a nice day of rest! God is so good. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds wonderful, Mel! Send some of that wonderful fresh fruit to Pittsburgh!

Love, Lisa

P.S. I think I can get a grilled ham and cheese here though, so don't worry about sending that.