Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hot Tamale!


I thought it was just the doxycycline* that was making my skin feel so hot out here. But aparently it is indeed quite toasty! I think this reading is deceiving (125 F), but I also think we exceeded 100 today. Sizzlin!

Don't be fooled. I love the weather over here. It's a dry heat. Especially compared to Liberia - sorry guys. And God is good to adjust your thermostat quickly. I sleep with a blanket at 75 degrees already.

Enjoy Springtime, my friends! Maybe plant some flowers today. :)

*Doxycycline is an anti-malarial regime which does have a side effect of making your skin more sensitive to the sun.

7 comments:

John Q said...

Hey Mel,

It snowed in Pittsburgh today! No joke.

Glad to hear that you are acclimating.

John Q

Aly sun said...

Wow. I am glad you enjoy the heat. I can't imagine!

PS So good to see you updating your blog. It really makes me feel like I am there with you. Although I am dressed for winter and am thinking about hot tea. Spring is not quite here yet in the NW either.

Lisa said...

For real, Mel. It is snowing here in the 'Burgh!... ALL DAY LONG!

BUT! My parents DID plant some flowers this past weekend (though they now have to be covered up for protection from the cold). They bought them from a catalog and have a map of which flowers should go where. It will be neat to see them bloom!

What kinds of flowers are in Kamwenge and Kampala? Do people garden?

Lisa said...

P.S. Will you take some pictures of some native Uganda flowers?

-Lisa F.

Anonymous said...

Holy Hot! At least it's a dry heat, that helps! Keep on smiling, you're lovely! I'm sick of snow...it's April! It was like a blizzard at my Parents new house...driving home was crazy.
Take care sister,
Lisa (RED)

Anonymous said...

Mel

It's nice to know someone some where is having nice weather. I can't plant flowers here but I can buy lots of hanging baskets for spring. miss you.

BIG HUGS

Anonymous said...

Mel,
Hellllooo! My baby plants are sprouting in my peat pots in the basement. Miss you and love you, just now getting caught up on all your news.
so good to be able to read your words, Mel.
love you,
anna