Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rafting the Nile


Last weekend I went to the source of the Nile River with some friends from SP, Lori and Mia. The source of the Nile is located in a town called Jinja and there is some great whitewater rafting there. After spending the night in a dorm on the banks of the Nile, we woke up to the sound of rushing water and a view of the river that just makes you sigh and smile. After a couple hours of being lazy, we went over to our outfitters, got all suited up with life jackets and helmets and hit the river. We rafted some crazy class 5 rapids. It was super scary, but SO much fun. I fell out on one of the big class 5s and sucked in some serious river water before my head popped up. But praise God, my friends scooped me up and I'm here to tell you to go do it too!! Above is a picture of our craziest rapid. That's us at the very tippy top on our way down. Good times! :)

For anyone who wants to go, I recommend: Equator Rafts (Price = $75 includes rafting, one night's stay, breakfast, lunch and dinner)

Hope you're all having a little fun too!

Know that I'm missing you, my friends!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you did this. I'm also glad you didn't tell us about the overboard experience. God is good. He said he isn't done with you yet. You still have work to do here on Earth, I'm glad you had a great experience and you had the chance to enjoy God's creation.

BIG HUGS

Lisa said...

Mel,

You are wild. Hey! Remember when we went white water rafting? I fell out and within seconds you're pulling me into the raft. You are so strong, Mel. You are my most adventuresome friend in the world!

I'm so glad you finally blogged. It seems like forever since you last updated us! Thanks for writing!

Love, Lisa

Aly sun said...

Phil has mobs of men with guns coming toward him, you are doing class 5 rapids on the Nile... adventure is around every bend. Glad you are staying safe.