Thursday, August 13, 2009

Boasting damage-free driving

(Tea fields on our way to Buremba)


We managed an almost-record-time, 6.5 hours, from Kampala to Buremba today. And I was the driver, baby! Sounds like a funny thing to boast about (it is), but I typically have a driver, Julius. However, Julius had wedding things to take care of this weekend, so I hit the road without him. I must say, Ugandan roads are a little .... unpredictable. For those of you who have traveled anywhere outside the States like Mexico, Zambia, Egypt think about your crazy car rides and your funny stories. Yeah, most of you know exactly what I mean by "unpredictable". ;) I don't have any cool stories, except for the fact that we made it damage-free. And that makes me really happy.



So now I'm back in Buremba, safe and sound. I was greeted by beloved Moses and his caretaker Mary as soon as I arrived. A wonderful blessing. I was also happy to see my neighbor Alex. He and his wife just had a baby and asked me to name her. We now have a new Hope in our village. :) Sounds nice, doesn't it.



I really want to thank you all for your many prayers and encouragements. They have meant so much to me. God hears you and responds. He continues to give us grace sufficient for each day.



Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it difficult to choose a name? That's such a neat privilege!

Lisa said...

What an honor, Mel, to be asked to name a child... they really must respect you.

Praying for you today,
Lisa

Lisa said...

P.S. How did the Jesus film go?