Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First stop: Boone, NC


The journey has begun! I've made it to Boone and already met 5 fellow employees / interns. Together, we will cover the nations of Sudan, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Liberia. We are Presbyterians, Menonites, Sovereign Gracers, Methodists, and non-denominationers. I love the diversity and Praise God - the unity. We all love the Lord and are excited to serve Him.

As for Liberia, there will be three of us ladies serving together: Patty, Erin and myself. (Please keep them in your prayers as well.) Some of the specific activities that we'll be working on are:
  • Building and installing biosand water filters
  • Improving community health and hygiene awareness
  • Conducting VBS
  • Coordinating a children's soccer camp

As you can imagine, I'm excited to get to work! Being here in Boone makes me all the more anxious to get to Liberia. The enthusiasm of my fellow new SPers is contagious. I'm so thankful for them already.


One new prayer request that I have is for sleep. For the past week I've been struggling to get even 4 and 5 hours of sleep a night. Will you please pray that the Lord would help me to rest?


Know that I am so thankful for all of you!


May we be enthroned in God's presence... (Psalm 61:7)

1 comment:

Beth "Pilar" Christy said...

Soccer Camp?....Make me proud Mel!

As always, my prayers are with you tonight and tomorrow for a safe trip!

Love,
Beth =D