Saturday, June 14, 2008

Next Stop: Monrovia, Liberia

(Front: Brenda, me, Patty - Back: Tim and Sheldon)

Boone has been a great experience. I met some of the most incredible leaders I've ever encountered in my life. Men and women who love the Lord fearlessly and who have encouraged me to love Him and serve Him the same. They have imparted to me much confidence for this journey -- confidence that our Lord has us in the palm of His hand -- that I will be sick -- that I will hit the wall -- that my Saviour will pick me back up and keep me going -- that there are people in Liberia that God has intended for me to meet and confidence that I can and will love them -- be love to them -- be Christ to them. All and only by the grace of God. What a priviledge that we get to be trailblazers -- showing the way to redemption -- living and providing true Hope.


Another amazing part of this Boone time...some good friends I have made who are "my heros". Please pray for them. For Patty (Liberia), Brenda (Ecuador/Bolivia), Tim (Sudan), Sheldon (Ecuador/Bolivia), John (China), Chris (Sudan), and Ryan (Sudan). We've had so many great laughs, heard great stories, shared hilarious jokes (about grapes in particular), and even shared a few tears. This piece of life has been good because of them... Thanks, God!

(Pray for us!! We're taking Larium...)

So next stop...Liberia! I'm as ready as I'm gonna be ... God is good!


"For you will not go in haste or leave in flight, for the Lord your God has gone before you." Isaiah 52:12


May this all be for His Glory!

3 comments:

John Q said...

You go girl!

John Q

Sandy kimmel said...

Prayed for you Sunday AM around 10:30 our time. Thinking of you and knowing God has grand adventures in store for you.
sandy kimmel

Phil Ewert said...

This is going to be a great adventure for you. I can't wait to hear about the lives that God uses you in. Our Lord is with you Mel!