Friday, October 16, 2009

More on bugs...


It is indeed the rainy season as I've said before. This means that I have extra rats and bugs at my house/office in the village. Above are some pictures of my new friends. They are the most annoying friends I think I've ever had. That's why we decided to roast some of them for a little snack. You can see Jane preparing our termites for a crunchy delicacy above. Unfortunately, we weren't able to eat them all. The guy on the middle right is poisonous would scream every time I tried to remove him from my mosquito net. Seriously - he screamed. It was weird. (And I should correct myself, it was William who was removing him from my mosquito net.) That moth in the upper right was so big that I thought he was a small bat flying around in my office.

I must say, it is nice having other ladies around. Jane and Juliet (both pictured above) don't like these bugs either. We've had some fun jumping, screaming, and cooking them together. Maybe God is using these bugs to develop some closer friendships ... I'd like to think there's some good reason for them...

2 comments:

Mrs. Bob said...

I probably should not have read this while eating lunch!

Lisa said...

Did you actually eat the termites?