Sunday, October 18, 2009

Prayer


(Children praying after our Hygiene Fair this week - precious)

I love praying with my team. We pray every morning together, before and after our devotions. We pray for our project, our community, other projects and offices all over the world. We even pray for you. And we especially enjoy praying for one another. It binds us together. God binds us together.

"In Him we are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." Ephesians 2:22

I feel God's presence dwelling with us here in Buremba. I know that His hand is all over this project. And I know it is a response to our prayers - all of ours - yours included. Thank you so much for praying with us. Thank you for being so near in heart.

"In Christ Jesus you who were far away have been brough near, through the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13

It's really amazing that any of us can have a relationship with God. It is only Christ who has brought us near to God. And it is only Christ that brings you near to me.
I wish I could be praying under the same roof as you today, but I am comforted knowing that someday, we will all be together again. Someday, there will be no more goodbyes. For those of us who know Jesus as our Saviour.

Please, spend time with Jesus today. Talk to Him. Pray. He's anxious to be with you. He loves you so much.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Dear God, I pray for Melanie and her team. I pray that they would grow together, that they would draw near to You and to one another. I pray that they would reach the people of Uganda with the Gospel. I pray that You would bring encouragement to Melanie and her team while they work hard to serve the people in their care. Bless them, Lord, and fill them with love and joy. Amen.