Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oh the joys of Kampala...

My pick-up truck is beautiful again (after her accident) and ready for me to take out to the field. So, I had to come back to Kampala to pick her up. While I'm here, it's great to be enjoying some of the finer things of life...

  • Friends at the house (Lily and Ryan - they're both new and I love them already!)
  • Speaking "American" English (and having people understand me)
  • Bowls of cereal
  • Hot falling-water showers
  • Clean bedroom, clean bathroom, clean kitchen, clean dishes ....
  • Washing machine
  • Pleasant streets for jogging
  • Flowers
  • Supermarkets
  • Fridgerators
  • Salads

And I've only been here for 12 hours. Ahhh...it's just so wonderful....thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,

It's nice to know that God has provided a retreat for you. Wondering... what will it feel like when we reach heaven?

BIG HUGS

Lisa said...

Mel,

Oh, the fresh breath! I can sense your relief after a long haul of tiresome hours of work.

Praying for you today,
Lisa