Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fallen


Today I saw a pair of 1 dollar sandals stolen from a dying man's feet.

I saw people vandalizing a wrecked lorry without regard to the dying man laying in the grass within their view.

I saw people taking pictures of his wounded head with their cell phones instead of calling for help.

I saw a lathargic group of health workers try to avoid treating him.

Today I caressed the hand and arm of a suffering man - praying that he was saved - praying that he would die - so that his suffering could cease.

I am reminded that we live in a fallen world.

I hope with all my heart that this man is in Heaven with our Saviour tonight.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

God knows. He is in control. I pray that you would be able to rest in His sovereignty.

Thank you for being a compassionate, merciful woman of God.

Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the Luke 10: 25-37, The Good Samaritan. Who are we? The one who walks on the other side of the road or the one who has mercy on him?

This is a true test of our love for our neighbors.

The lord knows our hearts.